- What did you do today?
- Briefly describe your day’s activities
We have extracted artificial colours from M&M candies today (Thin Layer Chromatography). What we did today was very different from last year, however, as the steps are much more complicated but the results are much more accurate. The following picture shows an overview of what we had done:
- What did you learn today?
- Discuss any learning points from today’s activities
I have learnt that consuming too much artificial colours has no nutritional content and can do harm to our body too. I now know that there is a law imposed on the maximum amount of artifical colours that is inside a certain food.
- How do you feel about today’s activities?
- Describe how the project has affected your understanding of the discipline and how it may be applied elsewhere
- Share your insights for the day
- What new questions do you have regarding the discipline?
I would be very curious to know the limits set by the law on the maximum amount of artificial colours, and I would also like to know the disadvantages of consuming too much artificial colours.